2000 body removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 body removal

I would like to paint my body on my cart. How hard is it to remove? How much time should it take?

it takes about 1 hr to remove the body.what type of cart do you have ? a ds model or the president model?the ds looks like the cart in the picture. if your cart is a ds model then after about 4 more posts then you can go to the service and repair section of this forum and look in the manual for 95/96 club car ds and it will take you step by step in the removal proccess
    Attached Files
    Updated by dwon5; February 29, 2012, 07:47 AM.
    IF WE CAN'T HELP OTHERS THEN WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ARE WE
    sigpic

Comment

Real easy and highly suggested that you remove the body to paint. So much easier to sand and do body work on it from a saw horse height. Take lots of pictures as you disassemble to help you reassemble.

Comment

I have a DS model

Comment

Sharpe looking cart!
          Hope mine comes out as nice.
          Posted earlier by dwon5 View Post
          it takes about 1 hr to remove the body.what type of cart do you have ? a ds model or the president model?the ds looks like the cart in the picture. if your cart is a ds model then after about 4 more posts then you can go to the service and repair section of this forum and look in the manual for 95/96 club car ds and it will take you step by step in the removal proccess

Comment

Good idea, will do.
            Posted earlier by krustybucket View Post
            Real easy and highly suggested that you remove the body to paint. So much easier to sand and do body work on it from a saw horse height. Take lots of pictures as you disassemble to help you reassemble.

Comment

Hi Guys, I have just bought a 2008 DS Club car (electric) it has a few scratches, so I want to sand and paint it.
              I'm very new to this site and was wondering how I get to the service and repair manual? as suggested, i want to remove my body to paint it.
              Thanks in advance

Comment

I'm torn between removing the body and painting it, or just buying a prepainted body on ebay. If you go to ebay and search "golf cart body", you'll see LOADS of hot paint jobs on bodies that are only about $500-$800. I paid $500 to have a helmet painted, I somehow doubt you can't even go to a paint shop and get a custom paint job for that, and this will even include a fresh body. I can paint, but not custom graphics, BUT...if I decide to do the paint myself, I'll take lots of pics. Although we just had a new member sign up with a bright red color that kinda caught my eye.
                If at first you don't succeed, scrap everything, burn the r&d center to the ground, then file and insurance claim stating you did succeed.

Comment

Posted earlier by MSHax View Post
                  I'm torn between removing the body and painting it, or just buying a prepainted body on ebay. If you go to ebay and search "golf cart body", you'll see LOADS of hot paint jobs on bodies that are only about $500-$800. I paid $500 to have a helmet painted, I somehow doubt you can't even go to a paint shop and get a custom paint job for that, and this will even include a fresh body. I can paint, but not custom graphics, BUT...if I decide to do the paint myself, I'll take lots of pics. Although we just had a new member sign up with a bright red color that kinda caught my eye.
                  The bodies are not hard at all to remove. There are 2 bolts by your heels near the floor. 2 under the bagwell skid plastic and 3 on each seat bracket. Disconnect your microswithch wires and trans cable and your all set.Assuming you may or may not have tailites, then that wiring to.

Comment

just remember to BULLDOG the body before painting, it is an adheasion permoter- it sticks to the plastic and the paint sticks to it.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    X