Club Car Gas 2007 rear brake light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club Car Gas 2007 rear brake light

I'm wiring lights to the rear of my cart and cannot identify the brake light circuit. Each rear light has three wires, which I believe are running light, turn signal & ground. Can someone tell me the method used to energize the brake lights and where the best location to tap into such a line. I have three lights which I'd like to use in the rear (all led). I need a left and right turn signal and a brake light. Thanks.

It most likely does not have a brake switch, usually your turn signal light and brake lights are the same.

Comment

Turn signal and brake light are the same connection, using the brighter element of the two.

Comment

Are these aftermarket lights that you have?
        Like Gaminde said, your cart will need a brake switch. They are not stock, do you have one?
        Did you buy a kit?
        Is this on a DS or Precedent cart?
        Updated by dougmcp; February 18, 2012, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your help. This is for a 2007 Precedent gas cart having a street legal light package installed. I'm beginning to understand why I can't find a separate brake light wire. I'm guessing the led taillight is designed to respond differently to voltages for the running light and brake light. If this is the case and I need to install a brake switch, is there a simple kit or do I need to be creative? Also, where is the easiest place to mount one?

Comment

I'm guessing the led taillight is designed to respond differently to voltages for the running light and brake light
            not exactly it just sends voltage to the same filament in the bulb ( or same bulb led ), and the blinker part just shuts off the flow (blink) then turns on again and repeats.

If this is the case and I need to install a brake switch, is there a simple kit or do I need to be creative?
            Yes to both there is a pressure switch that mounts to the pedal to turn on brake lights, or you can try to mount two switches one turns the brake light ON and the second turns the brake lights OFF when parking brake is set.

I spent two days on the second one, try the pressure switch. Once I got the pedal assembly out I had to disassemble the whole thing first, trying to figure out how it works and cleaning.

Comment

I used a pull type switch off a motorcycle, E-bay has them really cheap. Type in "motorcycle brake light switch". You will want the one with a spring as the activating attachment. Works great. I will try to post some pictures after work today.

Comment

So what happens with the lights when you set your parking brake

Comment

With the key off, the lights are out.
                  Updated by krustybucket; February 22, 2012, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Posted earlier by krustybucket View Post
                    I used a pull type switch off a motorcycle, E-bay has them really cheap. Type in "motorcycle brake light switch". You will want the one with a spring as the activating attachment. Works great. I will try to post some pictures after work today.
                    Hi, I'm a newbie and I am interested in this too. It would be great if you could post some pics of your motorcycle switch installation.

Thanks,

Ed

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    X