Idle only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle only

I have a 2002 Club Car Turf 2 Carryall that will only run at idle. Seems to lose spark above idle. Disconnected rev limiter, no change. Carb is clean, fuel pump working, subsituted fuel tank and hoses. Nothing seems to help. Can a coil be weak and only work at idle?
    History: Cart has ran well for years until yesterday. Drove out to front yard. Turned it off and when i went to restart it would not start. Towed to my shop. No spark at all. After i pulled the engine and removed the flywheel cover, i decided to check the spark by turning the flywheel with the plug laying on the engine hooked to the plug wire. Good blue spark. Go figure?? Reinstalled engine. Now it only runs at idle. Left exhaust off for testing. Raw fuel comes out of exhaust and engine will not run at anything above an idle like the ignition is shutting off. REV limiter connected or not makes no difference.
    Tate

Posted earlier by tgs40ford View Post
    I have a 2002 Club Car Turf 2 Carryall that will only run at idle. Seems to lose spark above idle. Disconnected rev limiter, no change. Carb is clean, fuel pump working, subsituted fuel tank and hoses. Nothing seems to help. Can a coil be weak and only work at idle?
    History: Cart has ran well for years until yesterday. Drove out to front yard. Turned it off and when i went to restart it would not start. Towed to my shop. No spark at all. After i pulled the engine and removed the flywheel cover, i decided to check the spark by turning the flywheel with the plug laying on the engine hooked to the plug wire. Good blue spark. Go figure?? Reinstalled engine. Now it only runs at idle. Left exhaust off for testing. Raw fuel comes out of exhaust and engine will not run at anything above an idle like the ignition is shutting off. REV limiter connected or not makes no difference.
    Tate
    could it be when you step on the pedal that the coil is getting grounded? a wire worn through somewhere? does your carryall work like a cart starting wise or does it start and stay running?

Comment

AK47fan,
      It works like your cart. When you push down on the pedel it starts and stops when you let up.
      Tate

Comment

Posted earlier by tgs40ford View Post
        AK47fan,
        It works like your cart. When you push down on the pedel it starts and stops when you let up.
        Tate
        Im wondering if the coils getting grounded somewhere.

Comment

I think your probably right. I will pick up a coil and ignitor tomorrow and give that a try.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X