suck some more speed out of stock engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suck some more speed out of stock engine

I watn to know some different engine mods I can do to get me some more speed out of my stock engine. I just got a 02 club car last weekend and I really dont know much about it. I currently dont hav emuch money and I do not know miuch about these engines. Help and explaining welcomed.

The least expensive mod you can do is to remove the engine govoner, this can give you 500-700 more RPM's but puts you in risk of freezing the motor.
    "It's not just a sport, it's in your blood."

Comment

Ok, I'm probably in the wrong spot as this post came up under "speed" and its from 2007 and i to would like some more and i do not want to damage my gas motor so what can be done?

Comment

How much speed do you have now and how much more are you looking for?

Comment

i dont know much about the cc engines other than this. they are very similar to a lawn mower engine. there might be some simple mods, but not cheap mods. also, these engine just were not designed for any performance at all. you can tweak the gov. is the easiest to do and its free. just keep in mind that the higher the rev, the faster it will die. i have a ezgo that runs about 50mph and i have tons of torque. but i put a briggs vtwin in it.

Comment

defeat the governor then install a tach . those engine were not designed to run over 36-3800 rpm's for long periods of time. there is a guy out in Cali. that build s blower units for stock cc engines they go for alot though
            IF WE CAN'T HELP OTHERS THEN WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ARE WE
            sigpic

Comment

well i appreciate the response......speed...........
              honestly i don't know how fast it goes. it is a stock cart
              off some golf course resold. what i do know is when you first step on the gas it moves, then hits its speed limit and just purse on. when going down hill it finds its one pace (and that is ok) but in the flats a few more rpm would be nice. i would love to make this street legal but i do not want to jeopardize safety for teenagers use it and i have a concern. its a golf cart so i do not wish to start stripping out gears and i have watches some of these custom carts do wheelies, this is not for me. suggestions welcome.
              thanks
              Updated by tkalter; January 30, 2012, 06:18 PM.

Comment

50 mph........omg........no offense but ore you a little over the top!!!!!!!
                NOT LOOKING TO TAKE THIS ON A TOLL WAY just a city street..........50 mph..... OMG RADICAL DUDE (showing my age) Ha Ha! (dude like...... they use to say that in my youth............)

Comment

Posted earlier by tkalter View Post
                  50 mph........omg........no offense but ore you a little over the top!!!!!!!
                  NOT LOOKING TO TAKE THIS ON A TOLL WAY just a city street..........50 mph..... OMG RADICAL DUDE (showing my age) Ha Ha! (dude like...... they use to say that in my youth............)
                  Lol with the guys I run with and where we ride, I needed more power. I pulled the stock engine and put in a non governed Briggs vtwin. It was a 18HP block, but it now has a rev kit, cam and thinner head gaskets. High speed is a result, but my pulling power is out of this world. Oh, and I dare any 48V cart to try me

Comment

larger diameter tires will increase speed by 2-3mph
                    IF WE CAN'T HELP OTHERS THEN WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ARE WE
                    sigpic

Comment

But it takes away from your bottom end torque. Tighter clutch springs help that issue. A stock engine does just fine with 22" tires. When I went to 23" tires I really noticed a big loss in torque

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      X