1986 Club Car gas lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 Club Car gas lines

Can some one help me. I took off all the gasoline lines on my 1986 Club Car thinking I would remember where to put them back later. I should have made a drawing or took a picture but I didn't. Can someone show me a diagram it would be much appreciated. Serial #AG8634107407
    Thanks Much.

How many gas lines does yours have? I have a 1988 and it has only one gas line from the pump to the carb. Yours have the KF82 right?

Comment

The bigger of the 2 fuel line fittings on the carb is your fuel line. The smaller is the fuel overflow line. I'll look at some diagrams to see if I can find your setup and get back to you.

Comment

It has what I believe is called a Pump or fuel impulse that has 3 lines coming off of it. Not sure what a KF82 is.

Comment

Ok, 84 to 91 has the KF82 so I will assume your setup is the same as mine was. Fuel line from top of tank to right side of fuel pump. Fuel exits left side of fuel pump to carb. The bottom fitting on fuel pump is your fuel pessure line that goes to the fitting on the side of the block down under the carb. Hope that gets you back going.

Jason

Comment

Ok sounds good but there are 2 ports on the engine and 2 ports on the carb. Is the crankcase down low on the engine? There is a port just behind the carb and I would assume this also goes to the carb?

Comment

On the carb side of the block is where both engine ports are. The one with 1 bolt in the middle of the cover goes to the air filter housing right by where the carb mounts. The cover/port with 2 bolts is the impulse port, the cover is somewhat oval. The 2 ports on the carb should be slightly different sizes. One is smaller than the other. On my carb the bigger of the 2 is the fuel inlet, the smaller of the 2 is the overflow. My fuel fitting points down while my overflow points up. Granted, that is my carb, not 100% sure if yours is the same.

Comment

Oh, and the KF82 is your engine type. For example some of the newer engines are called FE250 etc... Yours is 341cc and 8.5 hp as well. I have a manual for 1988 to 1991 Club cars if there is ever anything you need help with shoot me a PM or an email at klkeaton@embarqmail.com. The engine information in my manual should be relevant to most if not all the KF82 engines.

Jason

Comment

Thanks so much Jace1975. You have been a tremendous help and hats off to this great forum.

Comment

One more thing. Can someone tell me the spark plug gap on this KF82 engine? The plug I have is a W14MP-U10 DENSO. Thanks

Comment

The manual calls for NGK-BPM4A or Champion-CJ8Y. Gap should be .023-.028.

Comment

Thanks jace1975, you're right on.
                        Regards

Comment

yall are right on!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          X