Carburetor settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carburetor settings

I just took apart and cleaned the carb in a 2000 club car w/290. It ran for about a half minute and then cut out. Now I can get it started. Plug getting wet. I forgot how the adjustment screws were set. Where should I start?

Hi prairies, Screw it all the way back in, and then turn it 1.5 turns out.
    Regards

Comment

Matti, the air/fuel screw does not have a slot to use a screwdriver to turn it all the way in. It has a thumb screw that only allows me to turn it 180 degrees (minimal adjustment). I played with it today and got the same results no matter where I set the screw. It ran for about a half minute before it flooded out. Should I be changing the oil ( smells like gas). I am open to any more suggestions.
      Sounds possibly like an aftermarket carburetor. You can file down the plastic stopper so that it can turn freely if you would like. I had to do that on an EZGO once and I worked great after I was able to set it at the correct setting.
      Regards

Comment

Sorry I was moving so fast that I accidentally deleted your post, I quoted it in my response though. You can re type it if you would like.
        Regards

Comment

Carburator comes pre-set. Should have to make any adjustments. Just a good cleaning one in a while depending on use. SeaFoam works wonders

Comment

second with the seafoam!

Comment

Hello all. I am new here. I got a 1996 gas club car. after fixing it up, I noticed that it has a carb from a 341cc cc and it is on a fe290d. Is this ok? do I need to replace it. There is no choke in it but I can work around that. Thank you for any help.

Comment

Posted earlier by fore23 View Post
                Hello all. I am new here. I got a 1996 gas club car. after fixing it up, I noticed that it has a carb from a 341cc cc and it is on a fe290d. Is this ok? do I need to replace it. There is no choke in it but I can work around that. Thank you for any help.
                Why don't you make your own thread rather than hijacking a old one...?
                Regards

Comment

Matti

Thank you for the info. I am new to the site and just learning.

Comment

Posted earlier by fore23 View Post
                    Matti

Thank you for the info. I am new to the site and just learning.
                    No problem
                    Regards

Comment

Can't find a way to ask a question so I will follow you. My 1994 EZ GO engine hesitates when I push the gas. It then catches up I have tried adjusting the screw on top of the carb with the locking nut. No change. What can I do. Thanks

Comment

Float is sticking and holding the needle and seat open flooding the engine.Or reassembled incorrectly
                        Updated by Larry1950; November 8, 2012, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        X