84 gas cc main jet adjustment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 84 gas cc main jet adjustment?

Put the new carb on and it runs just OK. Carbon (black) still on spark plug. Pulled the main jet out and the inner jet is stuck in outer one (see Picture). It is NEW. I have it soaking overnight and I have the old carb....so I know it comes apart. Is this the adjustment for air / fuel mixture? I have heard that you should tighten the inner jet....then back off 1.5 turns...see how she runs.....then adjust up from there. Is this correct or am I missing something? I really don't want to put the jet from the old carb in it unless I can't get the new one apart to at least clean it.

I don't know what you are soaking it in but if it doesn't come apart try a 1/2 and 1/2 solution of acetone and transmission fluid or Seafoam.

Comment

Posted earlier by dirtman View Post
      Put the new carb on and it runs just OK. Carbon (black) still on spark plug. Pulled the main jet out and the inner jet is stuck in outer one (see Picture). It is NEW. I have it soaking overnight and I have the old carb....so I know it comes apart. Is this the adjustment for air / fuel mixture? I have heard that you should tighten the inner jet....then back off 1.5 turns...see how she runs.....then adjust up from there. Is this correct or am I missing something? I really don't want to put the jet from the old carb in it unless I can't get the new one apart to at least clean it.
      Yes you are correct, I don't know why a brand new jet came like that.
      Regards

Comment

Thanks Matti and Doug. FYI...you guys are the best. Of all the 5 cart pages I post on with questions, you guys are the first and sometimes the only one's that answer promptly. I appreciate that.

Comment

Can't get it apart. Put one in from old carb. and it runs like crap. I am hearing from others that it is supposed to be tight like that.....yes / no?

Comment

Can't get it apart. Put one in from old carb. and it runs like crap. I am hearing from others that it is supposed to be tight like that.....yes / no?
            Yes, to adjust the air/fuel mixture, locate the adjustment screw on the outside of the carburetor. It is a gold colored flathead screw with a spring on it. Tighten it up all the way and adjust it out 1.5 turns. Sometimes on the aftermarket carburetors they put a plastic screw-head with a limited adjustment bracket. I hate this setup and that is the reason that I spend the extra money and purchase original carburetors only from EZGO, or whatever golf cart I am working on. Hope this helps.
            Regards

Comment

Thanks Matti and Doug. FYI...you guys are the best. Of all the 5 cart pages I post on with questions, you guys are the first and sometimes the only one's that answer promptly. I appreciate that.
              Thanks, I appreciate that
              Regards

Comment

There are two gold colored screws with springs on them. One is to the idle adjustment. I assume you are speaking of the other one.?

Comment

There are two gold colored screws with springs on them. One is to the idle adjustment. I assume you are speaking of the other one.?
                  Yes, the other one should be the throttle positioning screw, which sets how far open the butterfly is when not applying throttle. Which it should be all the way closed on golf carts.
                  Regards

Comment

Thanks, Matti.

Comment

You got it
                      Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse