Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition Upgrade 48v

good morning all,

My name in Matt and Iam new to the forum and didn't find what i was searching for, perhaps someone can help.

I have a brand new 2022 Evolution 48v Li cart. I am well versed in auto mechanics and ok with electronics but not so much in 48v systems. What i am looking to do is to upgrade the keyed ignition to a rfid style push to start system similar to a car. If this were a 12v layout, it would be super easy and cheap but i cannot seem to find any 48v push start systems out there on the interweb that work like a car. Does anyone have any input on this? Is there any way of getting creative with a step down transformer 48v-12v then to ignition switch and back up from 12v-48v to the motor/computer?

Thanks in advance!

https://youtu.be/VwyUYhgChWA

not rfid but still good
    Updated by whiteGIANT510; April 21, 2022, 01:45 AM.

Comment

yeah, I know of the Stinger and the digital guard dawg ... but 300$ is nuts .. especially since a full kit for 12v can be obtained for less than 50$

Going to do some testing to see if I can use a step down converter pre-ignition and a step-up back to 48v afterwards. Really just going to come down to how many amps pulled across the switch.

Comment

to anyone interested.. tested current pre keyed switch at less than 1 amp ... switched wire then reads the same once switched to "on"
        With motor under load "driving" the current draw across the switch does not change.. telling me that the switch simply makes and breaks a full voltage super small current loop to the computer
        I am going to use a transformer to step down the 48v to 12v and get funky with wiring a car start button in place of the key and then possibly a step-up converter to bring back to 48v for signal to the ecu.

I will let yall know if i can make it work and if so i will post links to items purchased and how I wired it.

Comment

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X