X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric EZ Go Cart motor running but no movement forward or reverse

Posted yesterday #1
    marklisastokes
    Cart motor running but no movement forward or reverse. Took off wheel and see nut with cotter pin. No movement. I believe the first thing to check after voltage is spline. I have driver's side wheel off. Is spline inside brake rotor. DO not have rotor off yet because it seems way to tight. Not moving with pry bar.
    What comes off to see if spline is stripped? Does it matter which side to take off?

Posted 21 hours ago #2
    pistolsrepair
    Posts: 9 you have to take the cotter pin out, then the nut. if one of the axel's is stripped you should know it as soon as the nuts removed. if not hold the drum by the wheel studs with one hand and smack it with a hammer or i prefer a dead blow hammer. this should release the drum. and make shure the park brake is not set while ur tryin to do this. if the axel's are not stripped, pull the motor. check the input shaft, that will be the most likely second place i'd look.

Posted 17 hours ago #3
    marklisastokes

Posts: 4 Thanks- the passenger side spline is stripped . I still haven't got the other drum off. Does it have the same set up? Brake seems to be holding it. How do I remove the spline part of the axle or do you remove all brake pads up to the axle itself.
    Got the other side off- had to beat on too much- wonder if brake needs big adjustment? Spline on axle and drum look great on driver side. After taking drum off bad side (passenger side) but before taking off driver side (ended up being good except hard to come off) when I put power to motor the axle turned on passenger side but not on driver side. Is this normal and possible? Lots of questions on last two posts but I need all the help I can get! Thanks in advance!

Posts: 4 One last thing- the bad side brake drum is stripped smooth and I know it's bad but the axle part seems worse than other side but feels like it has life left. Is it dumb not to change axle side or should I try it?

wthompson
    "Elite Member"
    Posts: 221 Ausco makes a two piece hub and drum kit that eliminates the soft splines in the drum.
    Cost about $75.00

what is your question?

Comment

Because of the differential, the half axle with least resistance will spin before one witb resistance.

Comment

View More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X