2006 Club Car Precedent speed issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Club Car Precedent speed issue

I just recently purchased a 2006 Club Car Precedent with the knowledge the battery would need to be replaced and priced it accordingly. However, 1 week after purchase the top speed went from 20mph to 8mph. I replaced the batteries, charged them overnight and drove it with no change in the new 'top speed'.

Please submit any advice you may have. I will be rechecking all the cables to ensure they aren't breaking, but nothing struck me when I was removing/reinstalling the battery.

Thanks for your help.

your speed sensor is bad Key on, in forward, push forward and you should feel resistance if not speed sensors bad

Comment

I just checked and it does have resistance when I try moving it fwd when in fwd.

I'm a little at a loss as to where to look. It ran at 19-20 mph for a week and then 20 mins into a drive it felt like it was limited at 8-9mph. Fully charged, replaced, and fully charged those batteries and no change. My initial pickup is still strong, but it gets reigned back quickly.

Any suggestions? Thanks for any help.
      Chris

Comment

I still think its speed sensor, and an off chance the controller is overheating
        also it should roll freely for about 3 ft then try to slow
        Updated by gaminde; June 24, 2013, 01:53 PM.

Comment

How do I troubleshoot and repair?

Comment

Posted earlier by Engdahl83 View Post
            How do I troubleshoot and repair?
            on the schematic there is a 16 pin connector pins 13,14,15 are your speed sensor wires, put your volt meter on the black (-) and green (+) set on 10 volts and with key on in fwd push cart slowly see if meter reads 5vdc then 0vdc over and over
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for your help. It was the speed sensor.

Comment

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X