G19E won't run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G19E won't run

Just bought 1997 Yamaha electric. Wouldn't run or charge. Replaced all batteries with REFURBISHED batteries. Ran for a while then got intermitent. Isolated problem to forward/reverse switch. Replaced switch. Still won't run. Before replacing switch the reverse horn sounded when in reverse no matter the position of the power switch. Now the reverse horn doesn't sound at all. I have poweer to all switches, about 48 volts. I hear no relay kick in when pushing the throttle. First cart I ever owned. Any ideas?

I flipped the TOW switch to TOW for a few minutes, then back to RUN. Cart runs. However, now the lights don't work whereas they worked when the cart didn't run. What's going on?
    Updated by brownc170; August 18, 2012, 12:54 PM. Reason: More data.

I posted last week that I got my cart to run by flipping the TOW switch on and off with a delay in between. However, I noted that the lights do not work now. Apparently I can either have a cart that runs with no lights or one that doesn't run and has lights. I have not received any answers. Does that mean the post didn't go out or what?

Comment

I can't speak for the lights but your running problem may have something to do with the accelerator stop switch which is beneath the pedal. Have you checked it?

Comment

I eventually found a short on top of the relay. Someone had twisted a connector such that it grounded out. I broke the short and everything magically worked.

Comment

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X