Any Way To Revive A Battery???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Way To Revive A Battery???

I bought a used EZ Go cart with 6 Trojan 105 batteries. This is my first cart and I was not aware that you are supposed to add battery water to the caps in the battery. After about three months, the cart stopped charging. About 2 weeks after that, the batteries beeped for about a week then stopped beeping. I thought the problem was with the charger, but I found out I was wrong when I used my friends charger and it didn't work. I did research and found that battery water is supposed to be added. I opened the caps and saw there was no water. I could see directly into the filter-looking pieces.
    Is there a way to bring these batteries back to life??? Please help....
    Updated by chadloans; July 21, 2012, 10:15 PM.

The batteries may or may not come back by adding distilled water or battery acid to them and a slow charge. Supposedly batteries can be revived by using Epsom salts solution to revive them if sulfated. Many videos on youtube. Haven't tried it though. The filter looking thing inside the battery is the lead plates. Try distilled water first. You may need to charge the batteries one at a time to get them to charge. Many chargers will not charge unless the battery voltage is up to snuff. What I would try is to charge 2 batteries in series at a time using a standard car charger (12v) deep cycle setting. If that doesn't work try the Epsom Salts, what the heck you're not out anything as you have likely cooked the batteries. You should still be able to get some voltage reading across each battery, if not the battery has gone open and is not salvageable

Comment

I had a similar problem when I bought my son's EZGO TXT. His batteries were only 3 years old and wouldn't charge. I went through a lot of approaches before I bought "LIQUID Golf Cart Battery REFURBISH REVIVE Fix RENEW TROJAN Batteries REPAIR KIT" on eBay. About $35.00 for 6 bottles of liquid stuff. You put a third of a bottle in each cell of all 6 batteries. I had charged the batteries two at a time for 30 min each with a regular battery charger and the charger gave me a signal that at least 4 of the batteries were bad and needed to be replaced. About an hour after I added the chemical and shook the batteries, I charged them again. The charger told me that two pair of the batteries were FULL. The other two were FULL shortly after charging. I put the PowerWise charger in for 24 hours and now it works fine. I haven't run it the equivalent of 18 holes (not a golfer), but it runs strong. I was ready to buy new batteries - RELUCTANTLY FOR SURE. Give this stuff a try. They guarantee results.

Comment

You need to hit it with HIGH voltage, this sometimes cleans off the plates. Beware, the battery may or probably will explode if not done carefully.
        Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X