Newbie in Texas with light problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie in Texas with light problem

Hi, looking forward to reading more great info here.
    I bought a 2004 Yamaha G22 a couple of years ago that wasn't in real good shape. I couldn't afford to replace all of the batteries, so I refurbished them. Replaced a couple of parts, solenoid, etc. Got it painted and recovered the seats. Now everything works and has for months with the exception of the lights, recently started having trouble with them. When I turn them on... dim, then they go off. I can't find an obvious problem . Any help would be greatly appreciated

Is it 36v or 48v? Lights are very basic wiring. Do all the lights go out? Are you using a step down converter or wired direct to the 2 of the batteries. Could be either a poor connection, usually ground or negative side or a bad switch. I would look for a bad ground.

Comment

48v, step down, I will check out the ground,
      Thanks for the reply

Comment

If you are using a step down converter that is likely the problem. Or the connections going to and from to the converter. Check the connections and fuse on the input (48v) side, Put a volt meter across the output of the converter (12v side) turn on the lights and see if the voltage drops, if its does the unit is bad.
        Updated by Larry1950; July 29, 2012, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Thanks for replying. The voltage didn't drop. I will keep messing with it till I come up with something. I appreciate the help.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X