Cushman please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cushman please help

Hey guys my name is Chas. I just purchased what I believe a 1979 Cushman Executive cart name plate says Cushman 898322-7910. I have a problem with this cart not charging. The folks I bought the cart from told me they had no problems until their grandchildren came over and rode the cart until it was dead and it took them a month to get the ambition to charge it, to no avail. So when I picked it up I tried to charge the beast and noticed that the charger wouldn't turn on (Lester Electrical 12730). I found a timer on the charger so I bypassed it and it started to sound like it was charging, but I am getting nothing on the ammeter. I let this thing charge for about 8 hours and I am not getting any results other that the charge guage on the cart does read that it is charging when I turn the key on, however still nothing on the ammeter. How can I tell if my charger is junk or the batteries? Thanks in advance for any help I tried to be as descripive as I could.

Again thanks
    Chas

Hi Chas try charging each battery individually. If they do hold a charge, keep monitoring them with a volt meter after they are installed on the cart.
    Regards

Comment

I am currently charging them two at a time with car charger I will post my results. Thanks for the speedy reply

Comment

see if the batteries are dry

Comment

Hi guys,
          This is skip again, I was able to receive a cushman three seater golf cart. is the wireing diagram the same for all 48 volt carts?

Comment

Our company produce the lithium battery for Golf-cart,E-bike,E-scooter etc,more than 9 years in China.We can offer very great price at first-class quality.
            Our 12V17Ah LiFePO4 battery replaced SLA battery in same case for golf-cart,It's very convenience to use it.

The most remarkable advantages of large format lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) compare with SLA are listed as below:
            A. The cycle life of LiFePO4 is more than 1000 times.but the SLA is 300 times.
            B. The Gravimetric energy density (Wh/kg) and volumetric energy density (Wh/L) of LiFePO4 is about 3-4 times of SLA.
            C. But for the weight and Size comparison for the same capacity,the LiFePO4 is just 1/3 of SLA.

There are many other models with different style are available.

Sophia

Sales Manager(International Sales Dept 2nd)
            Vaima Battery Industrial Co,LTD
            www.vaima.com.cn
            Tel: 86-755-23937015 Mobile:86-13691690496
            Fax: 86-755-61640782
            Email:sophia@vaima.cn
            Email:vmbattery.sophia@gmail.com
            MSN:sophia8899@hotmail.com

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget