Cushman UTV not running.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cushman UTV not running.

I have a 1999 Cushman UTV that I am trying to get going. The cart was running until the motor smoked.
    I had previously replaced the burnt up Curtis controller with an Alltrax AXE 500 amp controller w/plug brake. So when the motor went I replaced it with a G.E beast motor and also replaced the old White Rodgers solenoids in the f/r bank with an Albright SW202. Wired eveything with 2 ga. I retained the old w/r main solenoid. Put everything together and it will not move. I have wired it two ways, both schematics are from Alltrax doc.depot. (AXE -Plug Brake) and (AXE to EZ-GO).
    I have about 52 volts going to main solenoid and I checked and the voltage goes across it when pedal pushed and get click. When I check the controller output by jumping between B+ and M- I get like 25 volts without pedal pushed and pushed it goes to 52 immediately instead of gradual climb. I am stumped any help appreciated. I probably am omitting key information for that I am sorry.

what kind of F&R switch do you have? paddle or rocker switch? is it a series car or regen? did you get the right kind of parts for the car ?

Comment

Thanks for the reply, the cart has a key switch and a F/R rocker switch. I have checked the leads from the rocker and am getting 12 volts to the solenoids when switched and they also click. I have checked the pot box output by disconnecting the black and white leads at the controller and it indicated 0 to 5k ohms as pedal was pressed.

Comment

I'm sorry I forgot to mention it is a series cart.

Comment

12 volts to the solonids isn't enough to open it.

Comment

Pete, Thank you for analysis , my senior moments sometimes last for weeks, I now understand my error. When I ordered the SW202 I went with 48 volts for the coils. My thought was I was going for 48 volts through the contactor.
            So now I have a 12 volt control system trying to close 48 volt coils.
            Should I try to return and exchange (if Carl at EV Drives allows) or can I convert the the control voltage to 48 volts without damaging the F/R switch,pot,main solenoid, or controller?

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X