96 Ezgo Robin Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 Ezgo Robin Engine

I have a ez go golf cart with a robin engine. It turns over but won't start.It seems like it dont have any compression. Can anyone help

96 Ezgo Robin Engine

I have a 96 ezgo cart with a robin engine.It turns over like it don't have any compression.It has good spark but will not start.Is it a ring problem or a valve problem.The plugs don't appear to have oil on them so i don't know what the problem is.Can anyone help.

Comment

If it's spinning like there is no compression, you could have anything from a stuck valve to a broken rod or a hole in a piston.
      Do a compression test and you will know if you have a problem.
      Updated by dougmcp; May 5, 2011, 10:19 AM.

Comment

How much compression should it have.I did a test on it and it only had about 20lbs

Comment

Around 140 and 20 is like 0. Sorry to say it sounds like it's teardown time.

Comment

Posted earlier by barden.brian@yahoo.com View Post
            I have a ez go golf cart with a robin engine. It turns over but won't start.It seems like it dont have any compression. Can anyone help
            Your engine will need 3 things to start.
            1. compression
            2. spark
            3. fuel
            If it does not have any of the above it will not run. So do the following.
            1. use a compression tester and check the amount of compression in each cylinder. Should have around 120-150psi.
            2. check for spark by removing the spark plug, keeping it plugged in and holding the end to a ground and turn the engine over you should see a blue spark
            3. if it has all of the above, spray some starting fluid down the carburetor and see if it runs, if it does then you have a fuel problem.
            Regards

Comment

At 20, it will not start. I had a 50 once and it could not even give the pump enough pulse. At 125 it should fire. But both cylinders should have that psi with 10% difference between the two.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X