how much of a lift kit is good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much of a lift kit is good

I want to put a lift kit on a 94 ezgo is it wouth the extra money to go 6" or more?

Depends what you want to do with the cart, the lift may be just the beginning.
    What do you envision as a completed cart, where will you drive it and what kind of terrain will it be on?
    Is your Ezgo gas or electric?

Comment

Posted earlier by dougmcp View Post
      Depends what you want to do with the cart, the lift may be just the beginning.
      What do you envision as a completed cart, where will you drive it and what kind of terrain will it be on?
      Is your Ezgo gas or electric?
      Thanks for the reply
      Its gas and mostly its just a campground runner I would like to make some trail for carts with it. So I know I need some tires. My nephew had adaptors made by the local school for free so he can use 4-wheeler tires I may do the same.

Comment

Gas carts are pretty forgiving when they are lifted so you shouldn't have too much trouble. If the terrain you are using it on is not too extreme, a 3"-4" lift should be fine and the center of gravity remains low so the cart is more stable.

Comment

Posted earlier by tspeed View Post
          I want to put a lift kit on a 94 ezgo is it wouth the extra money to go 6" or more?
          If you really care about function over form then 6inches is more than enough. Width is just as important for stability in off camber situations.

Comment

Spoken with authority for a new member with lifted cart experience.

Comment

Thanks Guys
              I think getting to a point where I can use ATV tires is plenty and they are easier to come by with good tread. The off-camber thing is important there is a good sized hill where we are...

Comment

Posted earlier by tspeed View Post
                Thanks Guys
                I think getting to a point where I can use ATV tires is plenty and they are easier to come by with good tread. The off-camber thing is important there is a good sized hill where we are...
                Im basing my theory on what the guys rockcrawling are doing. Their vehicles are still giving them ground clearance but they are not sitting extremely high like some of these mud trucks you see. Lower center of gravity and width helps you hug the ground better in the off camber situations.

Comment

Lifts look good but they really are unsafe the higher you go. The rock crawlers use a width and lots of wheel travel up and down. You want the center of gravity to be as low as you can get it. The draw back on width is most trails are narrow so it becomes a problem with going to wide also. I have seen long travel carts not make a trail because of the narrowness in betwen tree's.
                  sigpic
                  I'm here to help!
                  There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Thats a fact about long travels. Thats why Id never use one unless all I did was dunes riding.

Comment

Posted earlier by ak47fan View Post
                      Thats a fact about long travels. Thats why Id never use one unless all I did was dunes riding.
                      I want to do that some day!
                      sigpic
                      I'm here to help!
                      There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Posted earlier by andy4639 View Post
                        I want to do that some day!
                        I went duning at the Silver Lake Dunes in Michigan one Saturday and it was out of this world. I used a Polaris RZR for that trip. Take the Monster cart up there and put some paddles on the back!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        X