Hello, Just purchased a 2001 EZGO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, Just purchased a 2001 EZGO

I believe is a TXT model but am very much learning about electric carts. I have owned an old Hyundai gas cart for the last few years so I have done some repairs. Just trying not to be too intimidated by the electric carts systems. It seems in good shape and runs, steers and stops as it should and oes so very smoothly and quietly. My problem is a perceived lack of power . It takes off reasonably well but only seem to come up to less than 1/2 power and will die out going up any kind of hill. If I let up on the accelerator to less than 1/2 it will very slowly climb a grade, if I fully depress the pedal it will stop altogether. I have checked the pack voltage and it is running about 37.6 volts so i think the batteries are o.k. Any help would be appreciated

pack voltage tells the pack is about 80% charged. check the batteries with a digital volt meter one at the time will driving the cart( i use clamp on connectors for the tester leads). If there is a weak or dead cell in one of the batteries it will show up. Also, after charging the battery pack let them sit for atleast 12 hours after the charger turns off and then check the pack voltage, should read 38.2 volts = 100% charged. try the test and let us know what you find.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X