Just HI from AZ, Just bougth an Elec EZGO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just HI from AZ, Just bougth an Elec EZGO

I have owned a gasser for about 5 years and just bought a '94 (I was told) electric EZGO. I will go out tomorrow and check the date code on it and it's batteries. It seems to be solid. We had it out in our 55+ park for about an hour today and the bateries seemed still strong. More later. TedNRuthy

hello, tednruthy I think you'll enjoy it here plenty of people to help with problems but
    IF WE CAN'T HELP OTHERS THEN WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ARE WE
    sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the Golf Carts Forum!

Matti
      Regards

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Nice to have you. Plenty of info here for electrics.
        sigpic
        I'm here to help!
        There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

to GCF tednruthy.
          Charge your batteries after each use of more than 30 minutes.
          After you get the date codes then you'll know what you're up against.
          We like pictures...

Comment

My battery date codes are G06 so I guess I have July 2006 batteries verses the "about 2 years old" batteries I was told when I bougth the cart. Well I guess that serves me right for researching this after I buy. Anyway they seem to charge up well with a few hours on the charger. I did a thorough cleaning, tightening of termonaul and coating with the red battery post coating. I plan to remove the batteries to my shed and rewire them to a 12V configuration and leave a 12V battery tender on them for the 6-7 months we are gone from AZ in the summer time. How does this sound? TED

Posted earlier by dougmcp View Post
            to GCF tednruthy.
            Charge your batteries after each use of more than 30 minutes.
            After you get the date codes then you'll know what you're up against.
            We like pictures...
            Updated by tednruthy; February 13, 2012, 11:08 AM.

Comment

06 batteries should be fine for awhile if they are looked after.
              Leaving batteries unattended and plugged into any electronic device for 6-7 months is not something I would do for safety reasons. You really need someone to check on it regularly.
              It's always a crap shoot but what you suggested will work as good as any.
              My preference in AZ would be to have someone check the water and charge the batteries once a month.
              The second option would be to charge the batteries before you leave, disconnect them completely and leave them sit.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X