Forum Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have I ever told you that I hate golf cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have I ever told you that I hate golf cars?

Hi everyone.

I have to admit that I chanced upon this site while I was searching for an engine diagram for one of my three, red headed stepchildren, a 99' Work Horse. Didn't find the diagrams but maybe I found better? The thought of a golf car forum, had never even ocurred to me. Should have though since I am a member of a few other forums.

For a few years now, I've been helping a friend out with her ranch and I have to say that with the exception of the three golf cars that are constantly breaking down, I love it here. Truth is, I'd rather work on my bronco than I would these carts. They're killing me! Anyways, enough of my crying. I hope that by being a member here and doing some searching, maybe I will eventually gain some knowledge of these beasts and stop wasting money on unneeded parts. My recent carb. purchase being one of them.

Thanks - bottlebum
    P.S. Thought you might want to meet my kids.........
    Attached Files
    Updated by bottlebum; February 5, 2012, 01:38 PM.

hello you'll find alot of good advice and help here
    IF WE CAN'T HELP OTHERS THEN WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ARE WE
    sigpic

Comment

Hello, and welcome aboard!

We all dump money into them so don't think your alone!
      sigpic
      I'm here to help!
      There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Thanks!

Well, I might not have wasted money on the carb. The needle keeps sticking in the seat. Looks like I'll be sending the carb. back.

Comment

Welcome to Golf Carts Forum. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Matti
          Regards

Comment

to GCF bottlebum.
            Nice collection of carts you have there.
            If you ordered a knockoff carb, get your money back. I have read the if you stick with only OEM carbs you will be much better off.
            How about a pic of that old Bronco.

Comment

Posted earlier by Matti View Post
              Welcome to Golf Carts Forum. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Matti
              Thank you Matti!

Posted earlier by dougmcp View Post
              to GCF bottlebum.
              Nice collection of carts you have there.
              If you ordered a knockoff carb, get your money back. I have read the if you stick with only OEM carbs you will be much better off.
              How about a pic of that old Bronco.
              Thanks Doug.

I'm going to give one of these carbs another chance. Just sent the first one back today and have to wait to receive another. Not sure what brand it is but since it cost under two hundred, I'm guessing that it is aftermarket. The one that I'm replacing, had no name on it either.

Take care - Bill

Here is my Bronco (removed the nerf bars). Not the real oldie that I wish I had but I still like it.
              Attached Files
              Updated by bottlebum; February 6, 2012, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Matti may have more info on the carbs, I only stated what I have read and have no experience with them.
                BTW nice Bronco, the newer ones were much better to drive than the oldies.

Comment

Posted earlier by dougmcp View Post
                  Matti may have more info on the carbs, I only stated what I have read and have no experience with them.
                  BTW nice Bronco, the newer ones were much better to drive than the oldies.
                  Thanks Doug...

Comment

China brand! Nice Bronco, rare to see them that clean around here, they usually rust all over the rear wheel wells.

Posted earlier by bottlebum View Post
                    Thank you Matti!

Thanks Doug.

I'm going to give one of these carbs another chance. Just sent the first one back today and have to wait to receive another. Not sure what brand it is but since it cost under two hundred, I'm guessing that it is aftermarket. The one that I'm replacing, had no name on it either.

Take care - Bill

Here is my Bronco (removed the nerf bars). Not the real oldie that I wish I had but I still like it.
                    Regards

Comment

Posted earlier by Matti View Post
                      China brand! Nice Bronco, rare to see them that clean around here, they usually rust all over the rear wheel wells.
                      I was afraid that it was Chinese made. Can you recommend someone that deals in oem parts?

Thank you for compliment. It is rust free. Probably because it's a florida truck?
                      I bartered for it, here at the ranch. Deftinitely not a vehicle for someone that doesn't like doing their own wrenching though .

Happy Carting - bottlebum

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      X