Newbie from Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie from Texas

Hello everybody, Getting ready for this years multiple coast runs and finally bought a golf cart. 1987 Club Car DS Gas. The wiring system had been hacked up and jacked up so I got it cheap. Good compression, Bought a 6" lift kit and some nasty meats on 10" wheels. Looking real good now, just need help on the wiring. I belong to several other forums for Motorcycles and boats, so I can appreciate the need to "be a part of something". Thanks to all of you here in advance, I look forward to learning and sharing.. I will post some pics as I go. If I can help anyone, please let me know.

hello you come to a good site I,m sure you get all the help you need but remember we all WANT PICS
    IF WE CAN'T HELP OTHERS THEN WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ARE WE
    sigpic

Comment

Welcome aboard!
      I'm not much on the gas carts but wiring is wiring...right.

Just make sure you complete the circuit and everything should be fine.

Lets see some pictures of it as soon as you can we all like pictures!
      sigpic
      I'm here to help!
      There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Welcome to Golf Carts Forum, Krustybucket!

Matti
        Regards

Comment

Make a thread in the club car gas section. Post pictures of the setup you are running an said "wiring" that needs work. Once you have 5 post, it will open doors to diagrams and schematics located on this board

Welcome to GCF!!!

Colton

Comment

krustybucket

Looking forward to seeing some photos of your new acquisition.

Comment

So here are my before and after pictures, The after is not to clear, but I went with a 6" suspension lift, and 22x10 tires on black powder coat steel wheels. Next is paint then Rear seat, Diamond plate roof with safari rack, cooler basket on front and of course...tunes !!!

Any suggestions from this group would be awesome !
              Attached Files

Comment

Sweet Cart bro

Comment

Nice transformation, looks a lot meaner in a great way!
                  Regards

Comment

I have this radio in my Monster cart. It's water proof 2 speakers I moounted in the kegs and has all the gaget hook ups for $70.00 @ west marine.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...classNum=50202
                    sigpic
                    I'm here to help!

Comment

Posted earlier by krustybucket View Post
                      Hello everybody, Getting ready for this years multiple coast runs and finally bought a golf cart. 1987 Club Car DS Gas. The wiring system had been hacked up and jacked up so I got it cheap. Good compression, Bought a 6" lift kit and some nasty meats on 10" wheels. Looking real good now, just need help on the wiring. I belong to several other forums for Motorcycles and boats, so I can appreciate the need to "be a part of something". Thanks to all of you here in advance, I look forward to learning and sharing.. I will post some pics as I go. If I can help anyone, please let me know.
                      If you follow a wiring diagram they are not complicated. I hate it when someone butchers stuff up but if you got it for a good price that eases the pain.

Comment

Thanks guys for all the help and suggestions and comments. I am going with a cooler radio option due to some beach area's that you cant drive to waters edge, then I can tote the radio cooler where ever. Not to mention easing the strain on the cart battery. I built the cooler for floating the rivers here in texas, "tubin the rivers" !! Its water proof too. The cart wiring was pretty easy once I decided to totally strip it down and start completely over instead of trying to fix the mess that was in there.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Party in a box, I like it!

Comment

Thanks guys for all the help and suggestions and comments. I am going with a cooler radio option due to some beach area's that you cant drive to waters edge, then I can tote the radio cooler where ever. Not to mention easing the strain on the cart battery. I built the cooler for floating the rivers here in texas, "tubin the rivers" !! Its water proof too. The cart wiring was pretty easy once I decided to totally strip it down and start completely over instead of trying to fix the mess that was in there.
                            Im glad to hear you got it straightened out. Thats why I like golf carts due to the fact that the wiring is the most complicated thing on the cart. and it not all overly technical. Diagnosing wiring problems on a vehicle can take time.

Comment

Good idea take the party where ever you want it to be! My kind of man.
                              sigpic
                              I'm here to help!

Comment

welcome, i'm a newbie also

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                X