Hello. from Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello. from Texas

New here, got a 2009 Club Car Precedent, 6 inch lift 14 inch wheels 23 inch tires, looking forward to learning and modifying my cart with all ya'lls input and experties, Thank You for allowing me the opportunity! Will upload photos as i get them.

to GCF Fingers.
    Looking forward to see that lifted Precedent.
    Do you have the 4x12v or 6x8v batteries?

Comment

09 CC Precedent

well, after reading some post's here, unfortunatly, i have the 4x12v set up
      Attached Files
      Updated by Fingers; December 29, 2011, 12:10 AM. Reason: added photo

Comment

It's not unfortunate, just thought if you had the newer 6x8v you could comment on it's performance.

Comment

im actyually happy so far with the performance thus far, bought it used, and the previous owner said it still has 1 program setting from the dealer before its maxed out, havent gotten confirmation yet, but i was clocked at 21 mph, so i kinda doubt that.

Comment

Posted earlier by Fingers View Post
            New here, got a 2009 Club Car Precedent, 6 inch lift 14 inch wheels 23 inch tires, looking forward to learning and modifying my cart with all ya'lls input and experties, Thank You for allowing me the opportunity! Will upload photos as i get them.
            Nice cart you have there. Id like to build a lifted Precedent one of these days. The ones Ive seen look cool lifted.

Comment

Awesome cart!!! I love the matching striping with your gear. Welcome to the Golf Carts Forum!

Are you satisfied with the lift you get with those large wheels or do they rub on bumps?
              Regards

Comment

Lifts fine, no wheel rub, looking for some chrome nerf bars and front bumper, double tubed preferrably...will get some newer and better pics on here soon. Thanks again, for excepting me into your forum, hope to learn alot and have alot of fun.

Comment

Great looking cart.

You probably have the cart at performance level 3 which is the max they can set without getting a special program from the factory. The dealer will normally charge $150 or so to get you that program. There are ways around it and maybe gaminde will pop in here and explain the speed sensor trick.

It is also relatively easy to get up to about 28mph with an altered motor for about $225.

Comment

Welcome, newbie here but long time cart guy. Nice cart!
                    sigpic
                    I'm here to help!
                    There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Posted earlier by Fingers View Post
                      im actyually happy so far with the performance thus far, bought it used, and the previous owner said it still has 1 program setting from the dealer before its maxed out, havent gotten confirmation yet, but i was clocked at 21 mph, so i kinda doubt that.
                      If you get a chance use a GPS and do the same stretch of road both ways, 21
                      is kinda of a grey area with speed code 3 or 4. speed code 3 about 14.7 with large tires about 17 or 17.5 and with speed code 4 about 19.6 with large tires about 23. so you might already have code 4 installed.

nice rig look kinda like mine but better.

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words and compliments, and you are probably right, im sure about it being maxed on the speed codes, it's what I figured, although when the time is right for you guys, I would love to know more about that speed sensor trick, along with any other info that will increase the performance of my CC precedent.

Comment

Speed codes
                          Club Car has a speed sensor on IQ carts this sensor gives feedback to the controller. The controller in turn has programmable settings one of the settings is speed codes. basically the controller program says speed code one, only allow 10 pulses per minute, speed code 2 says only allow 12 pulses per minute and so on. when the controller reaches the set number of pulses it cuts out.

This is a generalization of how it works !

my first clue was the speed of 8 mph max when the speed sensor was bad, I knew it had to be using the speed sensor for Running Speeds, where Yamaha and Ezgo do not (i think).

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          X