New Here mark niemann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Here mark niemann

Hi all, I am a newbie. I just picked up a 1996 TXT EZgo off of Craigslist. I have a lot of questions. I wil start off with Battery problems. when i purchased it. It was running.
    We took it for a ride befor we purchased it. We brought it home and cruised around for
    fifteen minutes. I then put in the garage and on the charger. I charged for about 4 hours.
    I took off the charger before going to bed. I went out the next day and the cart was dead.
    It would not move. So how do I check charge in eacdh battery? Using a volt meter. What does it have to be set on? Can I use a standard car battery chargewr to charge batteries?

Posted earlier by mark niemann View Post
    Hi all, I am a newbie. I just picked up a 1996 TXT EZgo off of Craigslist. I have a lot of questions. I wil start off with Battery problems. when i purchased it. It was running.
    We took it for a ride befor we purchased it. We brought it home and cruised around for
    fifteen minutes. I then put in the garage and on the charger. I charged for about 4 hours.
    I took off the charger before going to bed. I went out the next day and the cart was dead.
    It would not move. So how do I check charge in eacdh battery? Using a volt meter. What does it have to be set on? Can I use a standard car battery chargewr to charge batteries?
    Welcome to the forum niemann. Yes you can charge with a car battery charger on the 6 volt option. It does sound like your batteries are toast.
    Regards

Comment

why is it when I first got it home that we were able to drive it, and now i am not able to get any charge to the batteries. It was working. How did the guy I bought it from get the batteries to charge?

Comment

Posted earlier by mark niemann View Post
        why is it when I first got it home that we were able to drive it, and now i am not able to get any charge to the batteries. It was working. How did the guy I bought it from get the batteries to charge?
        If this is an electric cart it sounds like you either have a bad battery connection or a bad battery.
        Get out your digital voltmeter and measure the voltage of each battery and post up the numbers.
        You don't have to disconnect anything.
        Each battery should be 6.4v +/- with the total pack voltage at 38.2v +/-.
        Lastly, are you sure you have power to the charger and does the ammeter move when you plug it in to the cart?

Oh and BTW......... to GCF!
        Updated by dougmcp; August 26, 2011, 06:26 PM.

Comment

work on the cart this weekend. the guy I bought the cart from jimmy rigged the charger.
          I got it setup properly and batteries are charging now. Still will hae to replace batteries.
          they are old and do not hold a full charge. Giing it a make over. Will post picks once I am done.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X