New to Carts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Carts

Recently given a 92 Club Car. Trying to save $ by doing my own work. Would like to get electrically sound, paint, add rear seat, possibly lift- in that order.

Are the bodies on these fiberglass? I have a small crack in the front above the lights that feels more like plastic than glass. Also have the old rain cover snaps that will be removed and holes filled.

Does a rear seat cover those black rear fender patches?

Any answers appreciated.

Hmm good question, I never payed attention. I think its plastic, or they put a really good clear coat on the fiberglass. Pull apart the crack and see if it has fibers in there. You would like to put a sound system in it? Make sure you use an outdoor setup with outdoor speakers. Is it gas or electric?
    Regards

Comment

Electric. 36V.
      I didn't mean a stereo when I said "electrically sound". I am trying to undo some hack job patching on the wiring and make sure it is ok before popping for new batteries. ( in a separate post you replied the batteries were toast based on load tests)
      It functions- but wont run very long
      • Fuse on charger plug has been removed and bypassed. Very small wires used in place of the fuse.
      • # 1 battery + post burned at some point and a wire was spliced onto the red wire and a screw was run down into the battery terminal for a post repair.
      • Found out from previous owner that the charger NEVER turned off. Said it was definately charging ( I guess this is part of the reason the batteries are fried)
      • Charger is old- haven't found anyone who is familiar with this particular charger so I proabably will replace it also. Think I'll start a new thread to see if anyone can tell me about this charger. So far I've come up with nothing. Club Car model 11340

Comment

Posted earlier by tealsmill View Post
        Recently given a 92 Club Car. Trying to save $ by doing my own work. Would like to get electrically sound, paint, add rear seat, possibly lift- in that order.

Are the bodies on these fiberglass? I have a small crack in the front above the lights that feels more like plastic than glass. Also have the old rain cover snaps that will be removed and holes filled.

Does a rear seat cover those black rear fender patches?

Any answers appreciated.
        When first introduced in 1982, the Club Car DS front and rear body panels were constructed of a plastic front cowl and a fiberglass rear clip. They changed the material to Armorflex in 1993 for better impact and abrasion resistance.

Repairs/filling can be done with regular body filler or fiberglass repair materials, whichever is more appropriate.
        The rear seat sits over the top of but doesn't really cover the rear scuff guards.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X