Engine Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Swap

Anyone have any experience with or opinions about installing a G22 357cc motor in a G14?

Nope but Im also interested
    Regards

Comment

OK, if no one has anything on that swap, how about this?

A 24HP 688cc V-twin Honda with a complete kit that requires no cutting or welding to install. It is made specifically for all G14 thru G22 carts. I REALLY like this one, but it is quite pricey!

Comment

Plowmans Carts are pretty reputable for motor conversions and maybe you should give them a call, Don at 810-736-1100.
        Depending on what you're looking for, here's one that is a little pricey too but has 28HP and will go 45mph with stock gearing. http://www.plowmanscarts.com/hp_v-twin.html

Comment

I just got through talking to the mechanic at my dealer about the 357cc engine swap. He has already done them, using new engine units. The only notable mod that needs to be done is to swap the locations of the battery and fuel tank.

I'll be scheduling mine to be done sometime after the first of the year.

Comment

Posted earlier by Stoney View Post
            I just got through talking to the mechanic at my dealer about the 357cc engine swap. He has already done them, using new engine units. The only notable mod that needs to be done is to swap the locations of the battery and fuel tank.

I'll be scheduling mine to be done sometime after the first of the year.
            So it will fit in a G14? Will it fit any other models or is that all? Also thanks for the update!
            Regards

Comment

The conversions that the mechanic did were on G14 and G16 carts. He tells me that, in addition to the tank/battery relocation, a G22 wiring harness is also required. I'll ask about older models tomorrow when I speak with him.

Comment

Thanks for the information, I look forward to the interchange
                Regards

Comment

I spoke with the dealer mechanic today about the 357cc conversion in older carts. He said it can be done on all G2 thru G16 gas models with the G16 being the easiest model to do.

Unfortunately, after pricing out all the parts(new) and adding labor and tax, it was right at $3K+. Looks like I will pass on the conversion unless my 300cc takes a dump.

Comment

Posted earlier by Stoney View Post
                    I spoke with the dealer mechanic today about the 357cc conversion in older carts. He said it can be done on all G2 thru G16 gas models with the G16 being the easiest model to do.

Unfortunately, after pricing out all the parts(new) and adding labor and tax, it was right at $3K+. Looks like I will pass on the conversion unless my 300cc takes a dump.
                    Ouch!!! Don't count on it, Yamaha makes some pretty reliable engines! I would keep my eye open for a G22 that someone is looking to sell cheap. If you can pick up the whole cart for $1500 or less, it will make it a lot more feasible.
                    Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    X