1985 G3 dump cart harley ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1985 G3 dump cart harley ??

just picked this machine up drove it a little bit then it puffed smoke and died (fuel related i thnk)

27158-84 LMB-234 are the numbers on the carb

guy told me someone tryed to braze the float and thats why it ran so terrible so im gonna mess with it and fix it i got the cart for $200

my question is this: is that carb hard to get parts for or a replacement im guessing its a wal-bro carb

and another problem i saw when peddle is down and engine is trying to start fuel is spitting out of this little hole on the fuel line junction box (fuel pump maybe?) and was wondering if that was normal its like apinhole that looks like it supposed to be there

and theres a lot of slop in the steering box part of the steering and the tube is loose where it goes in but it still turns just real far b4 it actually turns the wheel so my question here is there a key way that maybe is in there and whats the availability of parts for the steering

thanks so much im a new member here and i like the site already any help is appreciated ill get some pics up of it when i can for you guys

here it is
    Attached Files

Comment

If the carburetor is original and was messed with, it will never run right. To get it to run good you will have to replace the carburetor. But before you sink money into it, run a compression test on the motor to see if it is in need of a rebuild. If the rings need to be replaced, don't forget to change the crank seals while you are at it.

Great looking cart by the way, if you need any other questions answered go ahead and ask
      Regards

Comment

And yes they use a Walbro carburetor, it is not hard to find parts for it. I am not sure about that pin hole you are talking about.
        Regards

Comment

27158-84 lmb-234 the carb looks really clean but it appears they tryed to braze or solder the float and i can hear stuff rattleing in it and theres a pin hole in the solder so

i need a new float other than that carb looks clean and also i need the specs for setting the adjustment screws on the carb for when i do get a float

any 1 know a place that sells the float i havent found any thing online with those part numbers
          Attached Files

Comment

resoldered it and got it running but it loads up and smokes and loses power if i stop the go again it resumes as normal? what is the mix screw setting on the side

Comment

walbro.com and ordertree.com sells parts for the carb on my cart i thought id post it to whoever else is looking for parts i got the float for $50 and the gaskets for $3 just waiting on my fuel pump and ill let yous know how i make out

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X