Old Harley Cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Harley Cart

Im looking at buying an old harley cart (year unknown). It was parked outside behind a farm quonset for approximately 8 years (saskatchewan, long cold winters with plenty of snow). It was running when parked there but no longer runs... The seller is unsure of what needs to be fixed/replaced to make it run. Cosmetically it is in rough shape as well... The seller says the engine is NOT seized. He is asking $100 for it. I am a student and looking for a cheap cart to fix up. I am not looking into sinking to much money into it (hopefully under $300) I would do all the work myself.... any ideas on what might need replacing after it sitting that long to get it running? Do you think its possible to get it running for under $300? Im not worried about any cosmetic stuff, just getting the engine in running condition... here are a few pictures... I was also wondering, if the engine cannot be fixed cheaply, i have a newer briggs and stratton 5hp engine that came out of a riding lawn mower... could i throw that engine in the golf cart? or would it not work?
    Attached Files

This is not an easy fix. It will require alot of time and money. I say this because parts are hard to get, and it is very outdated. You can probably get it running and moving for under $300 though if it does not require any serious parts. You will not be able to swap out the original motor for anything different, too much metal work and custom fitting is needed.
    Regards

Comment

i just talked to the guy selling it, he said the only thing missing on the cart is the centrifugal clutch, other then that it just needs to be cleaned up, new battery, spark plugs, carb cleaned etc... im sure after sitting that long it will require some more stuff he is not mentioning or is un aware of. how much is a centrifugal clutch? and where can i find one?

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X