97' Harley 3 wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97' Harley 3 wheel

[COLOR=”#FFFF00”]So i picked up a 1979 Harley three wheel from a friend about a month ago and have not been able to get it running. I have replaced the battery, brand new carb, bought a manual online and made sure spark plug was gaped correctly, and also the breaker point gap is correct. ive replaced the spark plug AND the spark coil. I have tested the spark plug wire also. i have also tested compression and it was just over 100. I have put the low carb adj to where it should be. New gas and filter. It does sputter every-once in a while, with choke, but never runs for more than a few seconds. I just dont even what is left to replace! am in need of any ideas and thoughts.
    Thanks,
    Jacob.
    [/COLOR]

I am dealing with a similar problem bought a cart did the same as above however I have narrowed it down to crank seals so I was going to replace the crank seals and bearings but I can't find the bearings does anyone know where to buy them?

Comment

It is now October 2015. Did you get it running? First, pull the plug... leave it connected to the wire... lay it on a ground, and crank the engine. Did you see a spark across the electrodes? If yes, then install the plug and spray starter fluid into the carburetor. Crank the engine again. Did it start and die? If no fire on plug, then work on the points/condenser/coil. If start and dies, then work on the carburetor. If spark and no run then pray.I found that a pulstar spark plug will eliminate misfires after you get the engine running. (I am a hillbilly and do not recommend brand names that I don't use. Hence, I would always recommend Pulstar plugs for antique ignition systoms!)

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X