clutch question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch question

Hi. I have a 1971 harley davidson golf car and i just started having problems with the primary clutch. When i drive it for a little and it warms up the clutch does not release. I try to take off and it acts like the brake is on. The cart will jerk forward about 6 inches and stop. If i push start the cart it will take off. I lifted the body and the belt is still tight and the clutch is engauged. I was just wondering if this is a wet clutch or a dry clutch and if it is a wet clutch how to go about adding oil if that is what is wrong? Just wondering if anyone has any advise. It would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you

Yes your Harley should have a wet clutch DBcustomcarts. You should flush out the system by pulling off the clutch cover and washing it out. Make sure the o ring is intact and then replace the cover. Refill with 12 ounces of 90 weight gear lube through the filler hole plug. :biggthumpup:
    Regards

Comment

Do I need to take the whole clutch assembly off or can i just take the cover off the back that is held on by three nuts. Didnt know if there was a spring behind there or not. Also where is the fill plug at?:confused:

Comment

Hey DB, should be between the center bolt and the 3 bolts that hold on the clutch cover. And there is no spring behind that.
        Regards

Comment

Removed rear cover and found one of the 3 studs was broken causing it to bind and no release. Installed new stud and clutch works great. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Thats great to hear DB, by the way your cart looks awesome in your avatar! :cool:
            Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X