91 Ezgo Belts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 Ezgo Belts

I am new to the cart world, and want to learn all I can. I bought a '91 2 stroke EZGO.......that supposedly had new piston and all replaced last year, a new carb replaced last year, and a new clutch replaced. He gave me some old parts that he said is what came off of it. It runs pretty decent, but doesn't really sound good. The smaller belt is in bad shape, so I bought a new one. The larger belt appears ok, but I dont have anything to compare it too, to see if it is worn. Should I go ahead and replace both, or just the one that is noticeably bad? I think I am gonna do two more things...one is remove the carb and clean it, and then disconnect the oil pump and just mix the fuel/oil. To discontinue using the oil pump, what should I do?
    Loving the Cart world, trying to learn it all!!

Posted earlier by dekere View Post
    Should I go ahead and replace both, or just the one that is noticeably bad? I think I am gonna do two more things...one is remove the carb and clean it, and then disconnect the oil pump and just mix the fuel/oil. To discontinue using the oil pump, what should I do?
    Hi dekere, Replace them both the power increase you will get is noticeable if your drive belt hasn't been replaced in a while.

You don't have to disconnect any oil pump, just don't put oil in it. Mix your gas instead. That is a good idea by the way since they commonly give out with out warning.
    Regards

Comment

ok, thanks so much........can I find instructions to replace the belts on this site as well?

Comment

Posted earlier by dekere View Post
        ok, thanks so much........can I find instructions to replace the belts on this site as well?
        No, the starter belt has a tensioner that you have to loosen up. The drive belt can be slipped off by pushing it against the edge of the clutch and spinning the motor over by hand. Sorry if this seems confusing but it will be better understood while you are doing it.
        Regards

Comment

i got ya, thanks, i have the starter belt just have to purchase the clutch belt

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X