Need Help w/ Switched 12v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help w/ Switched 12v

On all vehicles (other than this) I've been able to pull a switched 12v from the ignition switch. For some reason I can't get the 12v from the ignition switch on the ezgo. Does anyone know where I should tap into to get a switch 12v?

My ignition wires are bule and green just like in this picture. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks

The wiring on an EZGO is indeed a bit different compared to other carts, it typically runs from the battery to the pedal first, and then to the key, and finally to the solenoid. This means that the key switch only has power when the pedal is depressed.

Now, here are a couple of options for you:

You could opt to reverse the circuit. This means running from the battery to the key, key to the pedal, and pedal to the solenoid. The pedal wires are typically located below the shifter, and the wire from the key comes up through the floor right next to the solenoid. With 2 jumper wires, you could have it set up to work just the way you want it to.

Alternately, you could consider swapping and installing an EZGO Workhorse key switch. With this setup you'd run a fused wire from the battery to one terminal of the switch. When the switch is turned two notches to the right, it will crank, and you'll have power all the time on one of the terminals on the switch. You can use that terminal for your 12 volts, it's the one you'd typically connect headlights to on the Workhorse. Hope this helps clear things up for you! Let me know if you have any other questions or need further assistance.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X