ezgo two cylinder eng. will not run at mid range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ezgo two cylinder eng. will not run at mid range

I have a 1994 ezgo that will not go above high idle if you try and go faster it spits back through the carb. I have taken the linkage loose at the carb. and jacked it up and run with the same problem. I have 170 psi compresson, new plugs, new coil, new pick up, and have checked the timming two times. Now does it make a difference in which cylinder is on compresson stroke when timming since both pistons are up at the same time and fires on both cylinders at the same time? SOME BODY PLEASE HELP TO REED

I can think of 2 things. Both are concerned with the fuel delivery / carb. The high speed circuit is not supplying the gas, an excessively lean mixture will backfire.
    1. The main jet in the carb is clogged, if you have soaked the carb overnight in carb cleaner you still need to blow out the circuit.
    2. The main jet may have a particle that is not organic, eg a tiny stone or tramp metal particle, which does not disolve in the cleaner.

Comment

The trouble was the pulsor coil the new one was out of range 23.5 ohms so I checked the old one again and found the plug to be bad. I put it back on and the motor will open up now. The ohms a 1994 ezgo should be 19-21 ohms.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X