ezgo two cylinder eng. lope's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ezgo two cylinder eng. lope's

I have a 1994 two cylinder ezgo runs good when you idle it around. When you push the gas down it starts to lope and will not pick up speed. I have new plugs and cleaned carb. I jacked it up and took the linkage loose at the carb and run it to bypass the governor it does the same thing. Does anyone have any idea as to what is wrong?
    Updated by toreed47; June 14, 2010, 01:39 PM. Reason: add a word

Hi toreed. If you have good compression and new spark plugs, you are going to have to tear down the carburetor, clean it and soak it in a solvent overnight. Put it all back together and install it. This will fix your problem.
    Regards

Comment

Hi Matti thanks for the reply. I have all ready did that it did not help. I did some more checking this morning. Come to find out it is runing off one cylinder. One side of the coil is not firing it will run on either cylinder off of one side of the coil. It will not run on the other side of the coil.

Comment

Thanks for the info. You either have a bad spark plug to coil wire, or if that seems ok then you will have to replace the whole coil because the coil is bad.
        Regards

Comment

Well replaced coil it did not help I do have a hotter spark now but still lopes.

Comment

I can think of 3 things. Both are concerned with the fuel delivery / carb. The high speed circuit is not supplying the gas as it should
            1. The main jet in the carb is clogged, if you have soaked the carb overnight in carb cleaner you still need to blow out the circuit.
            2. The main jet may have a particle that is not organic, eg a tiny stone or tramp metal particle, which does not disolve in the cleaner.
            3. The float is not set correctly or the float is defective. Does the float feel heavy if it does there may be a hole in it or its cover which will cause it to constantly flood? The float needle valve maybe defective. Look at it, if it has a ring around the tip it is defective this will also causeit to flood.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X