No spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No spark

first off its a 2 stroke gas not sure of the exact year.Ran fine last year when I put it away.Stable was added,fogged the engine removed battery.Went to go get it ready for the season put a fresh plug in fully charged battery and nothin.Checked for spark and there is nothing.Replaced the coil with a new one still nothing.What should I check next?Thanks for the help.

Hi. What is the number below the serial number on the golf cart?
    Regards

Comment

Just found that,the cart is a 1986-GX444 2cycle gas Marathon

Comment

That number is G1086

Comment

Thank you. I don't think it will magically loose spark after sitting indoors for the winter. Are you getting fuel? Is the spark plug wet? Is the motor spinning over as strong as last year or is this charged battery weak? Did you hook up the battery right? Plus on plus, minus on minus?
          Regards

Comment

Yes its getting fuel,the plug was wet and I went and bought another plug.The motor seems to be spinining over good.tried a new battery out of my truck and it still spins the same.Plus on plus minus is on minus.

Comment

One thing I did notice when I went to get it going was that it was very damp under the seat.

Comment

Hi. Well you can check the ignitor, and the voltage regulator.
                Regards

Comment

Well I called a dealer and he told me you cant test thr ignitor,said you can only replace them.Also said they discontinued the one I need but there is one that will work with a little wireing.

Comment

Posted earlier by hoot View Post
                    Well I called a dealer and he told me you cant test thr ignitor,said you can only replace them.Also said they discontinued the one I need but there is one that will work with a little wireing.
                    Last I heard the 3pg ignitor was still availaible directly through EZGO in limited quantities. Allthough the ignitor looks a bit different it will work in a 2pg motor like yours, I am about 90% sure if someone can back me on this...
                    Regards

Comment

Ordered the ignitor,I will let you no what happens.

Comment

No spark? Check if one wire from the ignition coil is grounded. The other wire coming out of the coil should be connected to the solenoid. Check if all connections are tight. Check if the spark plug wire is firmly "screwed" to the ignition coil body by twisting it until its tight.

Comment

Thanks for all the help,turns out it was the ignitor.Thanks again

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          X