dbarley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dbarley

I have a 2006 EZGO gas and would like to change whatever I need to keep the motor running when you let off the gas. I'd like it to stay running at an idle and shut it off with the key when I want to. Can this be done and if so, what do I need to change?

You would only have to set the tension on the throttle cable to get it to idle, and rewire the pedal switch. BUT to get it to idle and not completely wear out the brushes in the starter you need to modify the clutch so that it will catch at a higher RPM (stiffer spring) and increase the idle of the cart to a speed where the generator is outputting instead of inputting.
    Regards

Comment

What's the point. If the manufacturers thought that was a food idea, they would have made golf carts that way.

Comment

Posted earlier by kogieblack View Post
        What's the point. If the manufacturers thought that was a food idea, they would have made golf carts that way.
        I think its a personal prefrence, some people use their carts to stop and go a lot in a short period of time and feel that having the cart stay running is more convient. Others are just used to it because of their daily life, their cars idle, their lawn mower idles why not the golf cart.

If u ask me I think it is cool that they turn off when you stop.
        Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X