EZGO EH29C wiring issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZGO EH29C wiring issues

I have an EZGO that I got from my father-in-law awhile back. It ran when I got it, albeit poorly. The battery would not stay up long at all. One day, I tried to move the cart, with no response whatsoever. Not even a solenoid click. I ruled out the battery and was advised that the solenoid might be bad. It was certainly corroded, and the top poles spun freely in the casing, making it a nightmare to get off. I purchased a 4 pole lawn and garden solenoid at my parts store, and began transferring the wires one at a time. When I was done, I found two wires without a home. I did not see them disconnected before, and I think they may have come loose in removal of the old solenoid. Long story short, I get power to the lights and the back up buzzer. I can hear the relay click when I push the pedal. But I have no response from the engine.

I'm an intelligent guy and can follow diagrams and directions quite well,
    so my ideal solution to this problem would be pictures of a correctly wired solenoid or a schematic I can follow. Of course, any help is appreciated.

Hi nabalac. Unfortunately the solenoid matters on these, you need a ezgo solenoid which is made for continuous load. To fix it, purchase the solenoid and wire it up according to the diagram.
    Regards

Comment

Thanks, Matti. I'll set about trying to find one. There's a cart shop in the next town, so I'll price one there. Can you estimate a fair price? A quick search online netted me quite a range.

Comment

I don't know the year of your cart (so I dont know the exact solenoid you need) but I wouldn't expect to pay more than $30 on the solenoid itself
        Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X