2003 ezgo 4 stroke backfiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 ezgo 4 stroke backfiring

I have a 2003 ez go and it is backfiring. Ive changed the plugs, fuel filter,stp carb and injector cleaner. It back fires when Im on the gas. What can be done to fix it?

Check to make sure that the throttle flap in the carburetor is fully closed when you let off the gas (the one that moves when you press and release the gas). If it is not, adjust it so that it is.
    Regards

Comment

can the valves be bad. If it is the carb what do you have to take off to fix thay?

Comment

Posted earlier by motormouth27 View Post
        I have a 2003 ez go and it is backfiring. Ive changed the plugs, fuel filter,stp carb and injector cleaner. It back fires when Im on the gas. What can be done to fix it?
        it sounds like it needs a valve job.i work at a golf course that use primarily yamaha carts.we have two ezgos.the robin engines are very very junky.i do the same maintance for both brands and i have replaced the ezgo twice in ten years.i am constantly adjusting the valves and they burn alot of oil,and replacing the plugs.

Comment

Posted earlier by motormouth27 View Post
          can the valves be bad. If it is the carb what do you have to take off to fix thay?
          You just have to take off the air filter and have a look, not a big job. Most of the time when it needs a valve job it does a small backfire through the intake. But not all the time, just most of the time. If the flap in the carburetor is closing all the way, then look into adjusting the valves.
          Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X