EZ Go EH35C Engine Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZ Go EH35C Engine Questions

I just aquired an EZ Go Utility cart with a Robin EH35C 2 cylinder engine. I have never had a gas operated cart before so I have a few questions...

first, the simple one... What kind of oil do I put in it? Besides the engine oil, do I need to lubricate any other parts, like the variable speed discs? If so, how do I do it? Is there a manual available for these engines somewhere?

now a little more complicated... the carubrator has 3 tubes attached to it, one is larger, about 1/4" seems to be the fuel supply line, then there are two much smaller ones, about 1/8" OD.. they go down and are just dangling there.. looks like one was plugged with some goo on purpose, the other one is just open, like maybe it broke off ? I have no idea what these could possibly be for... if it was a car, I would say they would be vacuum lines, but I can't imagine what purpose they serve here. It concerns me to have lines going nowhere. neither one fits very well.. they are kind of just loosely hanging from the carb. Any ideas on where these should propery go, or what to do with them would be apreciated!

My engine starts and runs ok, it has a bit of a squeal and a jerk when it goes into gear, I'm guessing the belts are the major cause of this, they are not in very good shape. Any idea where to get replacement belts for this?

The engine will not stop running when hot... even if I shut off the key, it sputters and keeps trying to fire, I found I kill it by closing the choke. I'm guessing there is carbon built up on the cylinder head..etc. Short of taking it apart and physically cleaning it up, is there some kind of treatment I can use in this engine to help remove the buildup? I know they have stuff for car engines for this purpouse, but I am not sure about using these products on such a small engine. any ideas on how to solve this problem would be apreciated.

My son just purchased a EZ-Go Workhorse with a blown EH35C robin engine. Does anyone have any suggestions on replacement engines available and if so were could they be purchased online????? Thanks

Comment

Posted earlier by johnwayne70726 View Post
      My son just purchased a EZ-Go Workhorse with a blown EH35C robin engine. Does anyone have any suggestions on replacement engines available and if so were could they be purchased online????? Thanks
      Hi john to what extent is the damage. If the crank case and cylinders are in tact you should be able to rebuild it.
      Regards

Comment

Thanks Matti for the response. The damage was a rod thru the side of the block causing a 2" hole. Do you know if a short block would be available???? Do you know if the Kawasaki FJ400 401cc 4-Cycle Single Cylinder OHV @ 13 Horse Power would work on workhorse 1200LX. Thanks

Comment

The EH29 and the EH35C (your engine) are direct replacements, I am not sure about the interchange on the FJ400. But what I can tell you is that your engine has a counter clockwise rotation, if the FJ400 is the same and the clutch is on the correct side then it will work. I am sure you would have to fabricate some new mounts though. Ebay has a few of your engines listed, check it out.
          Regards

Comment

I have an cushman golf art with a robin EH35 engine. It just started backfiring when I let up on the accelerator and step on the gas again. it bogs down when i try to accelerate. once it gets some RPMS it seems to run ok. I have cleaned the carburator. any ideas?

Comment

sounds like the timing belt is off a tooth

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X