2023 S4 altenator problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 S4 altenator problem

Does anyone know at what rpm does the alternator start charging. I was told 1000 rpm or 10 mph by the dealer but mine is more like 2500 rpm or 20 mph. I having a problem with the battery going dead because my wife just putts around real slow all the time.

Posted earlier by Jhofius View Post
    Does anyone know at what rpm does the alternator start charging. I was told 1000 rpm or 10 mph by the dealer but mine is more like 2500 rpm or 20 mph. I having a problem with the battery going dead because my wife just putts around real slow all the time.
    Hey there! So here's the deal, your golf cart supposed to start charging up the battery when you hit a certain speed or RPM. The dealer said it should be around 1000 RPM or 10 mph, but yours seems a bit shy and prefers 2500 RPM. No worries, we'll figure it out.

Now, a couple of things to check: first, make sure no accessories like lights, radio, or heater are hogging all the electrical attention. These carts are like teenagers, they get distracted easily!!

If all seems calm there, let's do a little alternator test. Lift your cart up on some jack stands, set a brick on the gas pedal to gently nudge the throttle to a low RPM, and try disconnecting the battery cables. If your carts engine keeps chugging along happily, then the alternator is doing its job. If not, we might need to look into this a little closer.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X