No power under load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No power under load

So I have an EZ-GO with the txt 295. I'm having power issues. If I put the forward/reverse lever in the middle (I'll call it neutral) and hit the gas, the cart fires up and revs up nice all the way up the clutches move as they're supposed to.
    When I want to drive it for real, and I put it in gear, it runs and moves, but it won't go faster than say, 4-5 mph. Won't rev out under load. Wondering if that's a clutch issue? It also back fires here and the under load but not all the time. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hey there! It sounds like you're onto something with those clutch issues. Your EZGO has both a drive clutch and a driven clutch, and they should be moving in and out smoothly to engage and disengage the rear.

I would lift the rear of your cart on some sturdy jack stands and let it run while you observe the movement of those clutches. Pay close attention to how they grab the belt and if they're opening and closing fully. This will give you a good idea if they're doing their job properly.

Once you've checked out the clutches, we can tackle any other potential culprits, like that pesky backfire issue you mentioned. Keep me posted on how it goes.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X