89 ezgo problems please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 ezgo problems please help

I just got a 89 ezgo for a really good deal. I am having problems to get it to start if I give a real small shot of starting fluid in the carb pops just like it should I have to get a linkage rod to hook from the carb to the oil injection pump. But I am just trying to order everything I need at once. So I am just trying to hook a fuel line to the pump on the case and sticking it in a 50:1 gas can and then the other end of the pump to the carb. I am not real sure how to test the fuel pump. I am hooking it up I think correctly just following the arrows. Any help would be great Thanks in advance.

The things you want to test for are
    1. Fuel
    2. Compression
    3. Spark
    4. Air
    This will give you a general understanding of what you need to get the cart running. If it was sputtering when you sprayed starting fluid in the carburetor then it sounds like you have spark. What you should do now is check why you are not getting fuel. Maybe the carburetor is clogged.

On the fuel pump you follow the arrows. To test it, make sure you have gas in the cart and remove the line that goes to the carburetor, now try to start the engine, there should be a flow of gas coming out. Also, if you have a compression tester, test that too.
    Regards

Comment

I know I have spark and good compression. I did remove the line from the carb and tryed to start it and nothing. I am assuming I am fine just sticking it in a gas can. I don't know if I should remove the fuel pump from the crankcase and make sure everything seems good on it. Is their anything in it or on it to check for stuck parts from the cart sitting.

Comment

Ok, yes sometimes the fuel pump can get gunked up inside if you wanted to take a look in it.

Posted earlier by badbowtie View Post
        I know I have spark and good compression. I did remove the line from the carb and tryed to start it and nothing. I am assuming I am fine just sticking it in a gas can. I don't know if I should remove the fuel pump from the crankcase and make sure everything seems good on it. Is their anything in it or on it to check for stuck parts from the cart sitting.
        Regards

Comment

Okay I have removed and taken the fuel pump all apart blew it all out.
          I have also taken the carb of and took it apart and blew all the chambers out. Still will not start if i remove the carb fuel line and crank no fuel. But if I pressurize the gas tank and let it gravity flow it fills the carb bowl and has fuel but still will not start. I am kind of confused know.

Comment

On the carburetor you need to take apart and clean out the jets real good, if they are not clean it will not run. I use a thread on a steel wire brush to get inside all the small holes.
            Regards

Comment

Okay I have done a compression test and have right at 125psi I have a freind that has worked on lawn mowers for years I am just trying to get the carb straightened out before I have to get him to come help.

Comment

Okay well I got it running last night I ended up taking the carb apart again and double checking everything and putting it back together and still would not run. So I took some 2 stroke and put it in a spray bottle and just sprayed it in the carb and kept it running for about a minute with it like that and then quite spraying fuel in it and it started to stay running. Know it will restart everytime. I am really liking the idea of using the oil injestion pump but also don't want a junk motor. What are you'r thoughts of using the oil system vers mixing you'r own fuel pros and cons each way.
                Thanks In advance.

Comment

Sounds good, I think you may be better off mixing, the reason is because I have seen one stop pumping before out of the blue. A replacement motor is not easy to find nor cheap so a little extra effort could help you sleep at night
                  Regards

Comment

Okay The more I think about it and read I think I will just mix my own.
                    The mixing is 50:1 correct and what is the best deals on the oil and what brand is good to use.

Comment

Yup that is a correct ratio. Most 2 stroke oil is fine, just keep away from any "outboard" 2 stroke oil because that is more for water cooled engines.
                      Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      X