91' 2 stroke problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91' 2 stroke problems

Ok,this thing is giving me fits.It will not start at all.I have spark,fuel and air.It will not even attempt to fire.I have 110 lbs comp.I have checked the diaphragm in the fuel pump,I have put in new plugs.Its getting plenty of fuel.I can even clamp off the fuel lines and spray a little starting fluid in the cylinder and it still wont even fire once.I have ohmed out the pulser coil and even changed the ignition box.If anyone can point me in a new dierection please let me know.

Did you try a jumper across the starter solenoid? I have an 86 that won't run unless I jump across the solenoid. It gets fire without the jumper, but won't run unless I run the jumper....so I have a toggle switch hooked to the jumper. Kinda rigged, but works. I also have a 91....maybe I could help you out. Would pics of the wiring help at all?

Comment

Hi wilsongcc. Well you know it is either spark, fuel or compression. The compression seems okay, but on those engines it is common for the compression to seem okay when really it may be time for a rebuild. Spray some carb cleaner or starting fluid on the crank seals and try to start it, if it starts then you need to replace them. You can also look around for dripping oil or gas.
      Regards

Comment

Try cleaning the carb. Remove the main jet and ensure that no dirt is clogging any of those jet holes.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X