Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to fuji/robin E29 engine. Want to change oil

Hello
    I want to change the oil in my 1999 lifted EZGO gas cart. The engine is a Fuji.Robin E29. So here are my questions"
    1.) How many quarts & what weight oil?
    2.) Is there a filter? if so, where?
    3.) What might be a common reason for the engine to be throwing oil in small amounts?
    4.) Is there a service manual somewhere that I can buy?

Hey there RB, Glad to help!

1.) How many quarts & what weight oil? - 1 1/2 quarts (1.4 liters) 10w-30
    2.) Is there a filter? if so, where? Bottom side of the engine block, it is cleanable
    3.) What might be a common reason for the engine to be throwing oil in small amounts? Is it leaking oil, or is it burning oil?
    4.) Is there a service manual somewhere that I can buy? You can use the service manual here http://www.golfcartsforum.com/forum/...service-manual

Mike Eddie
    Regards

Comment

• rbdaves
      rbdaves commented
      Editing a comment
      Mike Eddie: Thaks. Got the oil changed. Probably didn't need a new filter, but put one in anyway. The old one was a little dark and probably had never been changed.
      I looked inside the air filter box and there was oil in the bottom of the intake side, about a teaspoon. the bypass line appears to be carrying burnt oil into the air filter container. I'm guessing the engine is going to need an overhaul sometime in the future. Right now, it's running okay, so I'm just going to keep an eye on the dipstick. thanks for the help.
      Updated by rbdaves; May 1, 2014, 08:59 AM.

• Michael Eddie
      Michael Eddie commented
      Editing a comment
      You could also have overfilled the engine with oil. Make sure the dipstick reads within the allotted area. Mike Eddie.

The oil deposit was there before I changed oil. I'm just going to do some watchful waiting. Do you know, in the ballpark, how much a rebuild would cost? I know it costs $65 for pickup and delivery and $75/hour for labor.
    Updated by rbdaves; May 2, 2014, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X