engine swap ideas or help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine swap ideas or help

I just got a 97 txt that had a 295 robin engine . The engine was removed befor i got it . The starter/gen. is still in place. I have a honda 11hp engine i would like to install. does anyone have any advice or ideas on this swap?

Thanks

The starter is attached to the sub frame on those. Make sure the motor you want to install spins in the same direction as the old one. Keep in mind you also have belts, choke, ignition switch and so on you have to hook up.

I have seen Honda engines put in Ezgo's, most welded their own mounts.
    Regards

Comment

Thanks. It looks like the honda engine that i have will bolt up to the same mounts(the rear mount was broken befor i got it and i am making one out of stainless). Engine rotation is right. One of my questions is the starter/gen at what point does it stop starting and start genarating(is it rpm based or electronic?). The only other problem I see is making the exhaust pipe and muffler and breather. I got this cart along with a running yahama gas cart on 10/11/08 so when i get time to get a little more into it I'll try to answer some of my own questions and post some pics to help others. It seems that This swap would be very easy (with the right info) and a lot cheaper than buying a new complet robin engine.

I'll let You know in this post from time to time

S.

Comment

I would put the stock Honda electric start on the motor and have it idle, as opposed to trying to retrofit the stock starter on
        Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X