Newbie looking to buy a gas ezgo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie looking to buy a gas ezgo

Hello all. Brand new to the site and am looking at a Ezgo gas cart for sale. I do not have picks yet ( sorry ). The cart has a lift kit and is styled (looks like) the new Express S4 ( rear back seat that folds down. The owner says it is a 1991 year and had lower gears put in it ?? The cart is clean. What do I look for in drive train and mechanical? The engine was a bit hard to start at first but when running it seemed to run fine as far as new which is not much. As mentioned is has been lifted and has what looked like dish mag wheels and aggressive knob tires. My primary usage is for sporting clay shooting .The asking price is $2750.Was wondering what kind of weight can these carts manage effectively . Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Updated by dan2116; September 18, 2013, 12:58 AM.

Not knowing what motor is in it, I will guess its a Robin eh29 or eh35 2 cylinder 4 stroke. Hard starting can be many things. Improper valve adjustment, poor compression, in need of carb cleaning, air leaks, etc. All of the above is very common in the Robin motor. Look at the Manufacture tag. there should be a letter followed by 4 numbers (B4591) the first 2 numbers are the week made and the last 2 numbers are the year. Has the motor been rebuilt including a new cam timing belt? Do a compression check on the motor and look for leaks. See if there is oil in the air filter. How often has the oil been changed? In my opinion and my opinion only its at least $1000.00 to $1500.00 too high. Unless the motor is a complete rebuild.
    Updated by Larry1950; September 18, 2013, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Thank you Larry. I am going to get pictures Saturday and specifics on the engine. Also found a 2006 stock Ezgo with a 295cc motor? Very clean looking for $3100
      Updated by dan2116; September 18, 2013, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X