Two Batteries Bite The Dust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Batteries Bite The Dust

I have a 2PG engine in my Textron. I bought a NEW battery in October 2012. It's DEAD already - So, I put another NEW battery in a week ago, it's DEAD now. Won't even take a charge. What could be killing the batteries like that? Anyone else ever go through this? Multi-meter says 208.3 wahatever that means.

Something is left on, drawing down the battery. Each time a starting battery goes flat you lose about 10%. If the battery is put on charge it can take some time to start taking a charge. Disconnect the positive side of the battery, put your multimeter on amps (highest setting) plug in the cords on the meter in the correct locations. connect the negative lead of the meter to the positive post of the battery, connect the positive lead of the meter to the disconnected battery cable. With every thing turn off your should get a "0" reading, may need to change the setting on the meter if a small current is shown. Anything over "0" means something is drawing current. Turning on the key should still be "0" until the go pedal is depressed. It is possible you got a run of bad batteries. With the battery connected and motor running check your charge voltage. Should be over 13.5v
    Updated by Larry1950; May 26, 2013, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Thanks Larry1950, I will do these things today. This cart has nothing to leave on but the light switch and it is off.

Comment

Posted earlier by EzcomeEzgo View Post
        Thanks Larry1950, I will do these things today. This cart has nothing to leave on but the light switch and it is off.
        you have the ignition that could be on, and you also need to make sure that it is being charged when running

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X