slow to move from a dead stop???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slow to move from a dead stop???

I have a 2003 ez-go gas ,when I step on the to go pedal it hesitate's . For a little bit then takes off . What wrong ?????

Kinda need more info. It could be anything from valve adjustment, carburetor , worn belt, old fuel, air leak, air filter, etc. I would lean toward old fuel and the carburetor partly plugged. how long has it been sitting with fuel in it??

Comment

I run it a lot last summer, It had new belt,gas filter,air filter, battery ,new fuel recently, & tune up. It seems like the clutch doesn't take a hold like it should...

Comment

Start by checking the belt, probably needs replacement.

Comment

Belt looks good new last year.....

Comment

More than likely the carb is going to need a good cleaning. If it sat all winter with gas in the carb the pilot jet is probably plugged. Gas turn stale in just a few weeks, then to varnish, then glue. Mixing fresh fuel with old fuel is still old fuel. You might try some Seafoam to see if it helps clean out the carb, if not the carb will need to be removed. The jets removed and cleaned. The best thing you can do is install a fuel shut off valve. When put away for a period of time turn off the gas, run the motor til it dies. You will never have carb problems again. A good clue there is a carb problem is if you have to run the choke for a longtime, or you have to pull the choke to get going.

It is possible there is a clutch problem, but if the motor doesn't come off idle well the clutch will not engage properly

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X