Looking for a Robin EC25DS engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Robin EC25DS engine

I need an engine for my golf cart. I hope to find one exactly like the one that's in it now, a Robin, EC25DS so I don't have to make changes to install it. The engine I have is good but the mechanic (me) is not so good. It runs but runs rough and I can't figure it out. I live in Gap, Pennsylvania but will travel a little for a good deal. I would trade my engine (and cash) for one that runs. My engine has new a fuel pump and a new carb. Call Gary 717-283-6260 I don't text.

Before you do anything, adjust the valves.

Comment

Don't think adjusting the valves will do much good as the EC25DS is a 2 stroke from what I can find out.

EZcomeEZGO. 2 strokes are easy to rebuild if necessary, but need to know what you mean by running rough. Many things can cause poor running, from a clogged air filter to plugged up exhaust, to carbon build up on the head. Usually 2 strokes run poorly because the gaskets and seals are bad or poor carburation. Or just a bad spark plug. You mention a new carb, is it jetted properly or just stuck one on and see what happens. Do a compression test. If you can need better description as to what it is doing.

Comment

Did a little research. for some reason the recommended oil mixture is 128:1. WOW that is lean, don't know how any 2 stroke can live very long at that mixture other than its a very detuned engine. I believe you are using 40:1. Anyway I would start by removing the head and decarbon it, more than likely the exhaust port is plugged with oil and carbon plus the exhaust and changing engines probably will not help. Disconnect the exhaust and see if it runs better, if so look for a newer exhaust or clean it out not easy but can be done.

Comment

Larry1950, I had the engine out and the piston was in backwards. The square hole in the piston should be on the carb side (I learned). So, because of that it has a build-up of carmelated gas in the muffler. I put another muffler on and it acts the same. It acts like the timing is off. The only way to keep it running (even rough) is with full choke. I will change the filter, I blew it out but I should start with a new one....Appreciate your help

Comment

OK that tells me a lot. Your carb is plugged up. If it only runs with the choke on it means the main jet and pilot jets are plugged. You will need to remove the carb, take out the jets and clean them good. This happens when gas is left in the carb for as little as a few weeks. The gas turns to varnish then glue plugging the jets. Get some Sea foam, remove all the jets. 1 pilot jet, 1 main jet and the needle jet. You will first need to remove the float , needle and seat. More than likely the needle and seat will have gunk in it also. Soak the jets and carb body in the Sea Foam overnight. You may need to use a fine wire or number drill set to clean out the holes in the jets. ( the holes are very tiny) do not remove any metal inside the jets. Use either pressurized carb cleaner or compressor to blow out the jets. Carbs are pretty simple to clean. Be sure the intake gaskets are good before reinstalling carb. If you have any questions email me at lrpmbt@comcast.net
            Updated by Larry1950; March 25, 2013, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X