1995 Gas EZ GO Smokes when Idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Gas EZ GO Smokes when Idle

My 1995 Gas Golf Cart smokes (white) when idling ? I take this to an antique show which of course is very crowded, so I have to slowing idle thru crowd. It starts smoking really bad ??

Any thoughts on this, other then to not slowly idle ?

2 stroke of 4 stroke motor?

Comment

I am not sure ?? Deb

Comment

OK, kinda need to know. Each motor type is a different possible problem. 2 strokes are supposed to smoke some as gas and oil is mixed together whether its premix or oil injection usually has a bit of sweet smell to it, 4 strokes not at all. A 4 stroke that smokes smells like its burning up. I assume you have a 2 stroke or a very sick 4 stroke. If you are not sure take a pix and post it.

Comment

1995 is going to be a 4 stroke. My guess is that you have a bad cylinder. Maybe just rings?
          First thing I would do is a valve adjustment. I dont know if this site has the instructions that Ez-go Mike posted a loooonnnnggg time ago on another board?

Basically, you need to remove the head and set the rocker clearance at .004.
          Once you've done this, check your compression on both cylinders. It will tell you if you need to go further.

Comment

There are many things that can cause a 4 stroke to smoke. None are a good thing. Is the smoke coming from the exhaust or the breather tube. It is possible the crankcase is over filled with oil, breather plugged up, bad rings, scored cylinders, valve guides. When was the last time the air filter and oil filter replace, or oil changed? Short of a over filled crankcase or plugged breather, means some type of engine damage. With a lot of idling time the engine probably has over heated and either has worn out the rings, scored or worn cylinders. With the air box/filter removed is there oil in the air box?

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X