Suspected Drive Clutch Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspected Drive Clutch Problem

I have a 1997 TXT with Robin 295cc engine. Two days ago it stopped moving. I have inspected all I know about and now need suggestions on what elso I can do to diagnose the issue. When I step on accelerator the engine will turn over but never engage the drive clutch. I put in reverse and same result. I have inspected all cables and wiring with all looking/feeling OK. What next?

Is the motor running or just turning over with the starter?
    As the engine revs (in neutral) the clutch on the motor should move closer together and the driven clutch moves further apart. If the belt is badly worn it can be too narrow and clutch cannot constrict enough to catch the belt, this is also a possibility.

Comment

What did you find out? Mine is doing the same..Drove fine , parked it.. hopped in and nothing starts but doesn't move..
      any help would be great

chris

Comment

I have found that the drive clutch is working. The issue I continue to have is that the engine will turn over but not come up to speed in order engage the drive clutch. If I run the engine in this manner until it gets warm it will suddenly start to come up to speed and engage the clutch. I can run the cart for a full 18 hole round of golf, return home and park the cart. The next time I go to use the cart it will not turn over fast enough to engage the drive clutch until I let it rev for 10 or 15 minutes(warm up?) and then it will run again. Can anyone give me ideas on thing to try/do?

Comment

Either you have a vacuum leak in the intake or the low speed jet is plugged up in the carb. Either way is is way too lean to start at low rpm. Probably need to remove the carb and do a good cleaning. When you get the motor started try spraying some wd40 around the intake of the carb, if the rpm's come up replace the intake gaskets. It is also possible the valve lash is off. Take off the top of the motor and check the are at valves .004 to .006" clearance at TDC

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X